AGM Minutes Marple Golf Club
Thursday 9 December 2021
- Apologies – Sale, Reddish Vale, Romiley, Tytherington, Heaton Moor, Chapel
- Attendees :- Marple, Macclesfield, New Mills, Disley, Mellor, Hazel Grove, Styal, Shrigley, , Mottram Hall, Cavendish – Secretary Jon Vaisey
- Minutes accepted from previous meeting, proposed by Shrigley, seconded by Disley
- Retiring Secretaries: A vote of Thanks.
- Due to the cost of engraved glasses there will not be awarded to the winners and runners up for the last event of the season on All Finals day (to be renamed as Trophy day) when all clubs will compete for the High Peak Trophy.
- Contentious issues arising through the summer of 2021 for discussion. Discussions were held regarding the handicap index and points awarded. It was decided to keep things as they were for the handicap system. A couple of suggestions were made regarding the points awarded. One suggestion was for the bonus points to be 2 points home win, 1 point home draw and 3 points away win and 2 points away draw. An alternative suggestion was for each game to be worth 1 point with a half being 0.5 points and the bonus points to remain as 2 points home win, 1 point home draw, 3 points away draw and 4 points away win. These suggestions will be trialled over this season.
- Read and discuss accounts 2021 – Accepted
- Agree subscription for 2022 – £40 was proposed by the Secretary and accepted unanimously. Match fees to be set at £12:50 per player for catering purposes.
- Items raised for discussion: –
- Discuss any changes to League Rules for 2022 – Several minor rules were debated, and changes proposed and accepted. Players must have played in two league matches to be eligible for the semi-finals and finals. See rules document for full details.
- Club professionals are to be allowed to play if available and would play off scratch if they don’t have a full handicap.
- Play Off Finals and All Finals Day. Many thanks to New Mills for hosting the finals this year.
- Play Off Finals and All Finals Day for 2022 and future years. Romiley will host in 2022, The League final to be held Wednesday August 24, All Finals Day – to be known as Trophy Day to be held on the first Sunday in October if Romiley agree. – Update – Romiley will be holding their knockout finals on the first Sunday but will host the following Sunday – October 9th.
- Marple offered to host in 2023 and Disley in 2024.
- Date for the 2022 AGM to be held end of October / beginning of November.
Any other business –
- Arrange 2022 fixtures. Try to play matches early in the season to avoid a fixture pile-up in July.
Jon Vaisey (Hon Sec)